Why Research Analyst
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for all associated persons registered as research analyst under SEBI (Research Analyst) Regulations, 2014, individuals employed as research analyst and partners of a research analyst, engaged in preparation and/or publication of research report or research analysis.
An associated person shall be required to pass the NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination to fulfill the requirements specified under Regulation 7(2) of the SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014.
The certification aims to enhance the quality of services provided by research analyst in the financial services industry.
This course offers several advantages to the associated persons for their elevated career path. Some of them are being discussed below:
- Know the basics of Indian Securities Markets and different terminologies used in equity and debt markets
Know about the top down and bottom up approach to fundamental research
- Know the basic principles for micro and macro-economic analysis, the sources of different information for analysis and the various macroeconomic variables affecting the analysis.
- Know the key industry drivers and sources of information for industry analysis.
- Understand about the Qualitative and Quantitative dimensions with regards to Company Analysis.
- Know about the Fundamentals of Risk and Return, Valuation Principles and the philosophy of various Corporate Actions.
- Understand the qualities of a good research report.
There are plenty of job opportunities after the successful completion of NISM Research Analyst certification. It gives you recognition in the job market where the other candidates try to compete with just the basic operating knowledge and a lack of a certification. After completing this course, you can apply for the jobs of research analyst in various financial institutions and domestic institutions that buy/sells derivatives and stocks.
Many companies like Kotak Securities, Motilal Oswal, Mutual fund companies like DSP Black Rock, Edelweiss, Franklin Templeton, IDBI, and Invesco Mutual Fund etc. have got into this business and are always on a lookout for suitable candidates.
Candidates who clear research analyst exam earn average CTC around 6,00,000 lkh rs a year.